The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)
"I think, in his heart, Frodo’s still in love with the Shire.."
TheCakeBar’s Pastel Christmas!
I love getting inspiration for all of my roundups! teehee….
As many of you know by now, I’ve decided to make a new series of posts that will highlight what’s trending @TheCakeBar!!! (what’s popular right now)
Why? Cuz I’m trying to add new twists to the blog and make it more interesting for you guys!
So….above are pictures of recipes that I’ve collected recently or over the years from wonderful blogs all over the internet with fun ideas for Christmas themed party recipes!
But these recipes are not your traditional Christmas green & red color palette! These are pastel colored cookies, cakes and other edible goodies! Fun times!!!!
Click the links below to get the rebloggable link/and resource links to all recipes and tutorials!
Stay tuned for other ‘themed’dessert trending posts! I’ll have them all tagged here @ TheCakeBar
- Ombre Pastel Cake Tutorial (with video!) - Gorgeous gradient cake with enough sparkle and pizazz for any Christmas party!
- Snowflake Macarons - Simple Snowflake decoration can change the entire look and feel of your favorite french macaron cookies!
- Aqua and Pink Asian Sugar Cookies - Ice blue Japanese style decorated sugar cookies! (in Japanese)
- Lavender Cake Balls Tutorial - Sparkly, and festive! almost too gorgeous to eat!
- Penguin Winter Cookies Tutorial - Beautiful tutorial on how to decorate pastel sugar cookies!
- Purple Petal Cake Tutorial - Even without any Christmasy decorations it’s a perfect cake for just about any holiday party!
- Christmas Tree Cookies Tutorial- Cute! cute! cute! Yummy for eating but so pretty you can even hang them as ornaments on your Christmas tree!
- Mini Graham Crackers Houses 8 different mini gingerbread style houses but made with graham crackers instead!
- Meringue Roses - Chocolate dipped rose shaped pink meringue cookies! A lovely and elegant Christmas treat!
- Ice Blue Igloo Cake Tutorial - Winter cake tutorial for ambitious and creative bakers! The perfect centerpiece for any Christmas party!
- Christmas Tree Meringues - Pastel green meringue cookies shaped like Christmas trees! How creative!
- Pastel Peppermint Patties - Peppermint+Christmas+Pastel = Perfect Christmas combinations!
- Pink Pastel Gingerbread House Tutorial - How-to silver & pink gingerbread house tutorial!
- Tips and Baking Help - Useful guide to help you learn more about baking!
- Search The Cake Bar for more Christmas Tutorials and Recipes!
Questions concerns? contact me @ thecakebar or email me @ firstname.lastname@example.org
"I saw this elderly gentleman dining by himself, with an old picture of a lady in front of him. I though maybe I could brighten his day by talking to him.
As I had assumed, she was his wife. But I didn’t expect such an interesting story. They met when they were both 17. They dated briefly, then lost contact when he went to war and her family moved. But he said he thought about her the entire war. After his return, he decided to look for her. He searched for her for 10 years and never dated anyone. People told him he was crazy, to which he replied “I am. Crazy in love”. On a trip to California, he went to a barber shop. He told the barber how he had been searching for a girl for ten years. The barber went to his phone and called his daughter in. It was her! She had also been searching for him and never dated either.
He proposed immediately and they were married for 55 years before her death 5 years ago. He still celebrates her birthday and their anniversary. He takes her picture with him everywhere and kisses her goodnight.
Some inspiring things he said;
"I was a very rich man. Not with money, but with love"
"I never had a single argument with my wife, but we had lots of debates"
"People are like candles. At any moment a breeze can blow it out, so enjoy the light while you have it."
"Tell your wife that you love her everyday. And be sure to ask her, have I told you that I love you lately?"
Be sure to talk to the elderly. Especially strangers. You may think that you will brighten their day, but you may be surprised that they can actually brighten yours.”